Monday, August 25, 2008

Faithbooking... the course

i don't know how many of you know this already, but i'm going to be teaching a course at Cut N Paste, starting 10 September. it's a course on Faithbooking, scrapbooking your faith. classes will be every third wednesday, with samples in the store (and on my blog) at least 2 weeks ahead of time. here's the schedule:

  1. Sacred Words. our favourite verses, passages/texts, quotations.
  2. Sacredness. spirituality/faith defined. "what i believe."
  3. why i believe. "faith gives me..." "faith makes me..."
  4. my spiritual heritage. what my family believed. where i come from.
  5. my spiritual legacy. core beliefs i wish to pass on.
  6. my spiritual role models.
  7. "i feel closest to the Divine (or whatever you call It) when..."
  8. my sacred spaces
  9. "I Know This Much Is True." my sacred truths.

i'm trying to keep this course as "spiritually neutral" as i can, so that as many people with as many different belief systems can participate. granted, i'm an evangelical christian, but if you're muslim, agnostic, catholic, jewish, or "miscellaneous" (as rev lovejoy calls it), please feel free to join us.

if there's any topics i've missed that you feel would be beneficial or important to preserve creatively, please let me know, and i will do my best to accomodate you. but there's the list as it is now.

i've included a link to CNP's website on the sidebar. check it out for the calendar and class descriptions. and if you're interested in the course, please feel free to visit Cut N Paste in St Thomas and sign up. hope to see you there! :)

ps - i'll also post the samples here, as they become available.

No comments: