Sunday, May 25, 2008

more challenges done



i've been doing some challenges this week, and i'm enjoying the creativity and productivity. very therapeutic. very fun. and i'm using up a lot in my stash, and playing with some newer purchases. how pleasing.
anyway, the theme this week on 4x4 Friday is "My Favourite Colour." now, i know what you're thinking, and yes, orange was, until recently, my favourite colour. but lately, in the last month or so, i have discovered the serenity inherent in those cooler hues, and have made a dramatic shift in my tastes. my favourite colours now are green and purple, with blue thrown in as a close runner-up. so, having been inspired not only by the theme itself, but also by my new 4x4 album (so cute!), i have decided to work a lot in that format for the time being. (ok, also skinnies and ATCs and gothic arches. i really just want to become more prolific in my papercrafting. anyhoo...) so, i did a little number in basic grey Two Scoops with some Heidi Swapp bling thrown in for fun. oh, and the Stampin' Up! stamps. i've been using them so much more lately, now that i'm working in mini. delightful!
now, on to project #2: the theme last week on Gothic Arches was "flourishes." i was inspired by the sample, so simple, yet so beautiful. so, here's my gothic arch o' the week (and yes, it was done in time to qualify, although i'm posting it too late). i'm really quite fond of it. again, lots of basic grey: two scoops paper, lotsa rub-ons (i finished off my favourite pack). also a Making Memories rub-on, and i don't remember who makes the blingy butterfly brad. i'll check and update later, but i know i picked them up at CNP.
well, there you have it. my challenges for the last week. i love midnight crops. must have more (hint, hint, pam! lol). anyway, thanks for looking. have a great day! :)

No comments: